Dynamic Resolution support is also coming to the game
Published: 17th September 2022 | Source: Steam |
DLSS is coming to Kena: Bridge of Spirit with the game’s 2.0 update
On September 27th, Kena: Bridge of Spirits will receive its 2.0 Anniversary update, bringing the game to Steam while improving the title with new content and features.
Kena: Bridge of Spirits was one of 2021’s hidden gems. The game is Ember Lab’s first title and is an open-world action-adventure that delivers the same feelings of wonder as classic Legend of Zelda games, Okami, and similar titles from the N64-to-PS2 era.
Kena’s anniversary update will includes, new outfits, gameplay altering charmstones, and an enhanced photo mode. The main addition to the game is its New Game+ mode, and its new Spirit Guide Trials content. As part of the game’s New Game+ mode, Kena: Bridge of Spirits will feature new combat scenarios, new enemies, updated boss fights, and new Kena abilities. New Game + is designed to give gamers a reason to replay Kena: Bridge of Spirits.
With the game’s 2.0 update, Kena: Bridge of Spirits will support Nvidia’s DLSS 2.0 upscaling technology on PC and support for Dynamic screen resolutions. This change will allow users to Nvidia’s RTX graphics cards to target higher screen resolutions and framerates though DLSS, and allow non-RTX GPU users to achieve similar performance benefits though dynamic resolution support.
Those who plan to play Kena Bridge of Spirits when it launched on Steam can have a look at our PC Optimisation Guide for the game here.
You can join the discussion on Kena: Bridge of Spirit’s upcoming Steam release and Anniversary Update on the OC3D Forums.
The Anniversary Update with Steam launch includes the following new features and updates:
– New Game+ will become available after completing an initial playthrough – replay the main story while keeping all collected Rot, abilities, and upgrades.
– Most New Game+ combat encounters have been updated with new enemies and modified compositions.
– Special Green Chests with collectibles will become available in New Game+.
– Many bosses will include new attacks in New Game+.
Spirit Guide Trials & Outfits
– Spirit Guide Trials offer unique challenges to test your skills and earn rewards. Interact with the carving behind the Mask Shrine to take on new Trials as they become available throughout your adventure.
– Unique Kena Outfits with color variants can be unlocked by completing Spirit Guide Trials and Bonus Objectives.
Charmstones, Abilities, & Hats
– Equipable Charmstones have been hidden throughout the world that will modify Kena’s abilities by granting unique combinations of advantages and disadvantages in combat.
– Two new Bomb Ability upgrades have been added – Splatter Bomb and Split Bomb.
– New Rot Hats have been hidden throughout the world.
Enhanced Photo Mode
– Photo Mode has been enhanced with Lighting Setups, Camera Animation, and more.
– Brand new Poses have been added to Photo Mode.
– Apprentice Spirit Guide, a new difficulty setting, offers a balance between Story Mode and Spirit Guide settings.
– Text localization for Polish language has been added.
– DLSS and Dynamic Resolution support has been added. (PC Only)
– UI scaling.
– Automatic sprint.
– Subtitle size and background opacity.
– Toggle input functionally for multiple abilities.
– Kena: Bridge of Spirits Original Soundtrack has been expanded and remastered.
– The Shadow outfit has been included as a Deluxe Edition exclusive.
This patch also includes the following fixes:
– Pre-rendered cutscenes are rendered at higher frame rate to fix frame pacing issues.
– Difficulty balancing has been improved.